All new for 2014! “Jo’s Little Women” Club 13
Here is a list of shops offering Jo’s Little Women’s Club 13. Please call your local quilt shop to ask if they are hosting a Jo’s Club if you don’t see them on the list.
What is “Jo’s Little Women” Club?
You are invited to step back in time and attend an olde fashioned gathering making small olde looking quilts and needful things using only Jo’s fabric lines with Andover Fabrics. Jo provides the quilt designs, the shop provides the fun and extras for you to enjoy.
On your journey you will learn Jo’s methods of accurate piecing and needle-turn appliqué. There are also suggestions for quilting the projects – either by hand or machine. A Bonus – once you master making small-scale blocks, you can make anything well.
Shops offer their own unique additions to make this JLW Club special for you, and unlike a JLW Club run in another store.
Possible offerings in a quilt shop:
- Demos of piecing techniques, appliqué techniques, hand quilting, or machine quilting on your home sewing machine
- Occasionally a sit and sew to make new stitching friends (those of us who love 19th Century quilts also love antiques, gardening, cooking, so many other topics to share)
- Special touches with some Civil War History
- 19th Century recipes that will make you appreciate the Century you live in
- Exploring the topic of textile history
- Show and Share of antique quilts owned by members – perhaps a challenge to make a small version
- Sharing sewing ephemera with you bringing your finds
- Road trip together to a museum quilt exhibit in the area (or gather your sewing friends to do this)
- The possibilities are endless!
“Jo’s Little Women” Club is offered only through participating Quilt Shops. Ask at your favorite shop about joining a JLW Club! You will enjoy collecting Jo’s fabrics and the process of making small quilts. A JLW Club will provide you with a great sense of accomplishment as you will be getting projects done. Above all, you will treasure your new quilting friendships. Our lives are crazy and busy, this will be a calm place that is good for your soul.
If you are reading this and are a quilt shop owner that is interested in running a JLW Club in your store, please use the “Contact” page and ask for additional information. Thanks!