Greetings – it’s that time again, time for the next BlockHeads block, #36.
I’m an old fashioned quilter, maybe just ‘old’, LOL. I have problems with ‘flippy corners’ coming out the way I would like. So in Jo manner I refigured the cutting and sewing. I also used 3 fabrics instead of 2.
First the link to block 36, feel free to follow those directions (unless you are old fashioned like me, lol), I’ll give my cutting and sewing info below.
I’m sure you are already following the BlockHeads directions, it is just me.
The two blue prints are from ‘Hickory Road’ shipping in January. The background print is from ‘New Hope’ was released earlier this year, January I believe.
Cut the following:
(1) C – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ for the center (medium blue stripe)
(4) B – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ rectangles – dark blue print
(4) B – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ rectangles – background print
(4) D – 1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ squares for square in a square corners – dark blue print
(8) A – 2″ x 2″ squares, cut in half on the diagonal – background print
(1) – sew the square in a square corner units D and A. First sew the long side of the triangles to opposite sides of the squares, press toward the corners. Next sew the remaining triangles to the unit, press seams toward the corners. Evenly square these (4) units to measure 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.
(2) – sew the rectangles dark to light on the long side. Press seams toward the dark fabric. These should also measure 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.
(3) – arrange the units to form the block. *note that the dark side of the rectangles go toward the center. However you may like the light side toward the center? It is your block do what ‘you’ like.
(4) – sew to make three rows. Carefully press seams on rows 1 and 3 toward the center. Press seams on row 2 toward the pieced rectangles. Use my clipping trick at the seam intersections, continue to press seams toward the center and toward the rectangles and the clipped intersections are pressed open.
Your block should measure 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ (finish 6″x6″)
Now a better picture of my block:
Enjoy making this block it is relatively easy!
Be sure and check our friends blocks for other colors and their comments.
You know where to find them, you are not new to this by now.
Enjoy your Holiday sewing, time with family and friends, and mostly a Very Merry Christmas to one and all!